Author: All for the Memories
Recipe type: Soup
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 40 mins Total time: 55 mins
- 1 lb chopped uncured sugar free bacon
- 2 lbs sausage (sugar free, hot italian or savory seasoning)
- 1 large diced onion
- 4 good sized minced garlic cloves
- 2 peeled and chopped sweet potatoes or yams
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 quart water
- 1 can coconut milk or cream
- 1 – 2 bunches stems removed and chopped kale
- Chop bacon and fry in a large soup pot until well done.
- Remove from pot. Do not drain.
- Brown sausage in the same pot.
- Remove, but don’t drain.
- Cook onions and garlic in the fat from bacon and sausage until soft or about 10 minutes.
- Add bacon, sausage, broth and water to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer for 10 minutes
- Add chopped potatoes and continue to simmer for an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft (If they are bite sized it shouldn’t take too long)
- Add coconut milk/cream and kale.
- Stir until mixed and kale has wilted.