Recipe By: Just Jessie B
- 1.5 lbs chicken (boneless, skinless breasts or thighs or both!)
- 12 oz salsa verde (check labels)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup coconut milk (any compliant version will work)
- 1 tsp each: salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder
juice of 1/2 lemon
- optional garnish: diced red onion, chopped cilantro, squeeze fresh lime
- Add the chicken & salsa to a large saucepan, bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Reduce the heat to “low” and use two forks to shred the chicken, leaving it to sit in the salsa & juices.
- Blend the cashews, coconut milk, lemon juice, and spices until smooth, then stir the creamy sauce into the salsa chicken. Continue to heat on “low” until warmed through.
- Serve warm with garnishes, and enjoy!
See the full recipe for notes on cashews, where we source our salsa verde, and Instant Pot & Slow Cooker versions!
Stop by & Pin It for later: